Skip to main content

Magazines and Me.

When discussing magazines in class and talking about their original intent of delivering something to every person, that idea really clicked with me.
Personally, when I have a magazine, I do as I please in terms of reading and comprehension. Magazines have just always been that medium that could give you whatever it is you wanted at the time. Like if you were in the mood to read an in-depth article, there are always countless stories to dive into. But at the same time, there is a wide variety of photo journalistic aspects, and quizzes, and more fluff than you know what to do with.
Even though we didn't really discuss this in class, I thought about it more after. When I really think about it, Magazines are like many other forms of media, for the fact that it holds a lot of cultural significance. For me at least, magazines have always been a staple in my household. I can remember distinct memories of magazines and flipping through them dozens and dozens of times as a kid.
That's just another reason that I believe that Magazines have been able to hold on to their relevance. They provide not only a versatile media option, but they also mean more to us as a society, then just some bound together paper.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Importance of us.

In digital design class on the twenty-ninth, we spent around half of our class discussing the events that occurred over the weekend. These event being the Kroger shooting in Louisville, the Synagogue shooting in Pittsburg, and the multiple pipe bombs delivered around the country. As a class, we all gathered with the other half of the J&C magnet in Mr. Miller's room and had a very frank and open discussion about how we felt.  I was really happy that as a group, we all came together to talk about the tragic events over the weekend. I like the idea that as a magnet, we can come together when huge events occur and feel safe to share how we feel, and what to do.  We talked about what fueled these events, and things like, what actions have been taken by our government in recent times. Something that really stuck with me was what Miss Palmer said about our generation. She talked about how much change we as a group have the potential to bring, and the power that we have. She als

My Response to Christeen

Christeen's Original Post When I read Christeen's blog entry about mass communication in the modern world, I really understood what what she was saying. Christeen stated that " You don't have to be an award winning author or director to get a message across." This was a statement I could understand and made sense for me. In our new era of technological advancements, we all have access to the Internet. To agree again with Christeen, to have access to an Internet connection is to have a massive amount of power right at your finger tips. Even I have the ability to mass communicate. In fact, I'm doing it right now. As I type this blog about one of my high school classmates entries for our first real project of our freshman year, it's being saved for anyone who can get to the Internet to see for years and years to come. Although it may seem unlikely, this very blog post has the potential to reach hundreds, thousands, even millions of people. It's crazy t